About Me

My photo
An erstwhile Finance professional. Love eating, travelling and more recently writing.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Melted cheese over chopped veggies

Here's a recipe I made up on my own for a super quick and simple meal. If you like bread, then this is something you should try out when you have very little time on hand.
I usually settle for cheese toast on days I get back home late and am not in the mood to cook something elaborate (dal rice is my idea of elaborate, you get the picture). Today I decided I would try something different but simple enough. So here goes:
Ingredients (I am not going to give you the quantity, just figure out how much would do):
Finely chopped capsicum (I used Green, if you have the time you could go with red, yellow, green)
Finely chopped tomatoes
Finely Chopped green chillies (for those who like it HOT)
Olive oil
Cheese (slices or cubes)
Oregano or any other Italian seasoning
Salt
Bread

Method:
Heat some olive oil
Add the finely chopped veggies and let them cook for a short while
Add the cheese and let it melt. Stir the mixture.
Add seasoning and salt.
Serve with toasted bread.

No comments: