About Me

My photo
An erstwhile Finance professional. Love eating, travelling and more recently writing.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nightmare at South avenue

Yesterday we had visited two temples at Sholinghur, both of which were located atop two hills. We had to climb up the hills via steps (1,305 on one and 406 on the other).  The view atop was lovely!!!!
While the climbing itself was a little tiring it wasn't too exhausting ... All the gym workouts really came in handy! However since I hadn't slept well the previous night I slept for 12 straight hours that night.
What I didn't expect were the nightmares ... All through the time i slept, they kept plaguing me and I kept waking up in cold sweat.
Here I am describing one of them:

It was a very strange dream. I am with a family (a father, mother and a little boy) and we are getting back to their house after a short trip somewhere. We've just got dropped off at the end of the street and are walking to the house. This little boy and I are faster than his parents and we reach the house first . I have the key with me and I get in. The father (who has now reached and is standing outside) asks me where the little boy is. I tell him he must be around, he came with me. But we can't find him. I search all around inside but cant find him. There's a room in the far end I have missed. Its got a curtain on the door which is covering 3/4th of the view inside. I don't go in but I  can see a bed inside from where I am standing. I notice  folded legs on the bed, though I can't see the face.. This person is definitely an adult wearing white pyjamas or pants. I am wondering who is sitting there as the house has been locked for some days. White feet realises someone has spotted him and pulls his feet up.I realise he must be some sort of intruder and rush out of the house closing it behind. I search for the family I have come with but  eerily they have disappeared. 
I wait out for a while and then sit on public benches. In my hurry I have forgotten my bag and phone in the house and I am scared to get back in. I keep looking inside the house from out and each time I see a new person inside. Its very weird, I wonder if this house has been let out to multiple people or if I am just hallucinating . Finally its late and I muster courage to go back inside. Its very dark inside and the switches don't seem to work. There seems to be no one inside but I am not sure because I can hear odd sounds. I finally notice one light that is working & its not bright but I figure my way around with it. I see a telephone and I am thrilled i'll finally be able to call my husband. I am so nervous I keep punching In the wrong numbers all the time. I can hear someone walking in the house somewhere far away. I tell myself to be steady and punch in slowly but I still seem to keep making mistakes. I peer closely into the dial pad of the phone and I realize why. The numbers are interchanged... 9 is where 0 should be, 3 is where 5 should be etc. The steps behind seem to be closing in on me. I control my state of despair  and try to punch again carefully and witness something eerie... These numbers are switching places...like literally jumping off the phone and changing places. There's some sort of force that is stopping me from getting through to the correct number. 
My despair turns to panic when I know I can't do anything anymore.....the steps have stopped....right behind me....!

And that's when I woke up..!

No comments: